Monday, November 10, 2008

What is that noise

OK so this is a really funny story now that I think back upon it but at the time.. I didn't find it very funny at all. So....It is sunday night, and I'm getting ready to go to my parents house for my weekly dinner. And as i'm walking out the door i hear this noise. I thought that it was coming from down in my vent and I freak out and think that I have a mouse in my vent. I get a flash light and i'm looking down, but I can't see anything, so i go to my parents and forget about it. Well i come home and go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning I can hear some more strange noises and I can't figure out what it is. I didn't get out of bed for a while because I couldn't tell where it was coming from and I was trying to make sure I wasn't making things up. (because when i'm home alone i tend to find things that aren't real to freak myself out). Well I finally get out of bed and I text Jeff to tell him that there is something going on. We have some kind of creature in our vent or wall or something. Well I go to work and I tell the people that I work with that i swear there is something in my house and i can't figure it out. Well it lunch time and i go home walk through the door and I had a package of saltine crackers on the counter. Well they are spread out all over the counter and the floor. I go and start picking them up slowly wondering what would get on my counter and make this kind of mess that isn't like a mouse to do that. Well as i'm cleaning them up I look on my cupboard and ther is some bird poo. So I call Jeff to tell him that I think we have a bird in the house and just as I call him I hear the bird and so I freak out on the phone and all Jeff could do was laugh.(real cool huh) I was like this really isn't funny I don't know what to do. He said first of all go set up a video camera in the living room, because I wish that I could see how funny you look, and then go try and shoe it out. I said I don't really want to what if it poops on my head or plucks at my eyes. You know just mainly....freaking out. Well all that Jeff could do is laugh and so I told him I would take care of it and call him back. I went in the living room to open the front door and everytime I did the bird would start to fly around all i could do was scream and run around. So...to make a long story short I spent my lunch hour w/ a bird both of us freaking out. I couldn't figure out how to get it out because it flew past the open door about 3 times. I was begining to think that I had a new room mate that I didn't like. Well finally after a long episode It finally found the back door and flew out. I have no clue how it found it's way in but I hope this doesn't happen again and if it does....I hope Jeff is home.


I only took pics of it when it was behind the blinds well because when it wasn't I was freaking out to bad to take a picture so that is all you get to see of it.

Oh yea! And that night I spent most of the night cleaning up a lot of this................
I didn't know one bird could poop so much.
The End

2 comments:

The Blohms said...

That is so funny. I have a similar story... When we lived in our apartment in Springville. I had just had ollie and I was home and had just put him down for a nap and started to clean the house. I walked past the utility closet in the hallway and heard scratches on the door. It scared me so bad. well I was so afraid to open the door cause it kept flying at the door and then scratch down. I thought it was like a racoon or something. I had a new baby so I wasn't about to open the door and let some creature lose in my house. So I called my land lord and he sent someone over to see what was up. When he got there I told him that I didnt want whatever it was to escape so I sent him in this tiny little closet. I heard some rustling and then he came out with a tiny bird with a hurt wing. I couldnt believe something so small could make so much noise. He must have came in through a vent, But it was really funny. The guy probably thought I was an idiot cause I was scared of a little bird...

Melissa & DJ said...

Happy Birthday really late!!! I can remember having to pull a few birds out of my parents vents in West Jordan. We'd cover our hands in hotmitts and reach in a black hole to grab it. Too bad you didn't tape the bird chase, it would have been funny. :)